Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External HD not working after updating to os x maverick 10.9.2

I have a late 2010 macbook pro just updated to os x mavrick this week. My toshiba external hardrive was working fine with os x moutain lion. the hard drive is showing up under disk utility and is working fine on a frineds macbook he also is running Mavrick. I have run disk repair and verified the disk useing disk ulitilty. The only thing i can not do verify disk permission. Has anyone had any similar problems or know how i can fix this issue. I have apple care but i am deployed at the moment nd can not make it into a store. thanks in advance for any information.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 2:17 AM

5 replies

Apr 13, 2014 6:23 AM in response to mike75211

My hard drive is a toshiba canvio. After reading the post above DOC- 602. I went under system prefrences and saw Tuxera NTFS, under about I went to there website. I had to download a new version for OS X. After the install my computer automatticly restated I popped my hard drive in and it is working fine. It is only a 15 trail version, the paid version is $31. I will wait and see what happens after thr trail version and may have to pay the $31. Additaional info I plugged a WD my passort in to my computer and it did not read as well before I updated the Tuxera NTFS. I just checked and it also worked with out any problems. I hope this helps other people.

External HD not working after updating to os x maverick 10.9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.