Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clearing the "Captive Network Assistant" Cache

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue where the Captive Network Assistant isn't launching for one specific connection, This specific connection requires a click through agreement to the TOS before functioning normally for 30 minutes. I guess at some point during one of the 30 minute sessions CNA tried again and didn't have to do anything so has marked the connection as non captive. Can anyone help me clear out the cached entry?

Pertinent console log entry below:

Apr 11 02:43:44 BC02.local UserEventAgent[11]: Captive: [CNInfoNetworkActive:1655] en0: SSID 'XXXXXX' making interface primary (cache indicates network not captive)

Apr 11 02:43:44 BC02.local UserEventAgent[11]: Captive: en0: Not probing 'XXXXXX' (cache indicates not captive)

I've tried deleting the saved wifi entry and reconnecting but no luck there.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 1:48 AM

4 replies

Apr 11, 2014 1:52 AM in response to obzbdc

Here's the console log for a working CNA connection:

Apr 11 01:16:01 BC02.local airportd[84]: _doAutoJoin: Already associated to “YYYYYY”. Bailing on auto-join.

Apr 11 01:16:06 BC02.local UserEventAgent[11]: Captive: [CNInfoNetworkActive:1655] en0: SSID 'YYYYYY' not making interface primary (no cache entry)

Apr 11 01:16:06 BC02.local UserEventAgent[11]: Captive: en0: Probing 'YYYYYY'

Apr 11 01:16:07 BC02.local UserEventAgent[11]: Captive: en0: WISPr detected on 'YYYYYY'

Apr 11 01:16:07 BC02.local UserEventAgent[11]: Captive: en0: Launching Websheet on SSID YYYYYY with URL "http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html"

Thanks again!

Apr 12, 2014 6:53 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc,

Thanks, you led me in the right direction. It seems to be determined on the first connection attempt so the problem I was having was that I had authenticated against the access point before rebooting so when it first tried to connect it got through straight away. By waiting until the connection had timed out before rebooting it went back to behaving as expected.

Thanks!

Clearing the "Captive Network Assistant" Cache

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.