Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP mid 2010 random power cut offs after adding SSD

Hello,

I use a mid 2010 macbook pro. Yesterday i added Samsung 830 256GB SSD, placed in the optical bay (instead of the dvd). The original hdd stayed in place.

I started with clean installing Mavericks on the ssd (istaller run from the original hdd) however my computer suddenly shut down during the process.

After that I created a bootable SD install, removed the hdd and installed the system (on the ssd). Used it for a couple of hours, everything was ok.

Reconnected the hdd, after about 15 minutes (mavericks booted from ssd) it shuts down suddenly.

Disconnected the SSD and booted up the system from the original hdd and it seems to be working fine.

In other words- when both ssd and hdd are connected the machine suddenly shuts down.

When the system is booted from either of them and the other one disconected they seem to be working fine.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this situation please? I'd like to keep using SSD as a bootable system but keep the hdd inside as an additional storage.

thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 3:14 AM

3 replies

MBP mid 2010 random power cut offs after adding SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.