Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to chenge region and preserve all the purchases?

How to change region and preserve all the prior purchases? Before I lived in Russina and worked in Ukraine used Ukrainian credit card. Now I live in Ukraine and Using Ukraine credit card. I cannot pay for new purchases and I am told that I will lose all my prior purchases if I change to Ukraine store. What to do?

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 4:21 AM

3 replies

Apr 11, 2014 8:05 AM in response to seaskipper

None of your past purchases will be deleted from your iPad or your computer's iTunes library, you just won't be able to redownload them (you should be keeping and maintaining a backup of all of your downloads, any item could be removed from a country's store at any time) - as well as being tied to an account, all downloads are also tied to the country that they were downloaded in, so unless you return to Russia and have a Russian billing address on your account then you won't be able to redownload those purchases.

May 27, 2015 8:06 PM in response to King_Penguin

So if my wife moved from Canada to the US, and changed to the US region, she would only be able to keep her purchases as long as she didn't get a new laptop? What would happen if her current Macbook no longer worked? Would she just lose the hundreds of dollars worth of movies and music, with no way of getting it back without spending all the money again?

how to chenge region and preserve all the purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.