Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 restore & update

So I had my iPhone on iOS 6.1 and I decided its time to update to 7.1 cause I heard its working better with iPhone 4!

So I did a back up to my iPhone, everything went smooth and then I pressed on Restore & Update and then the problems started..

I keep getting this error http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6153/vehn.jpg

Now I've tried lots of methods I found on the internet but it doesnt help.. The iPhone is stuck at DFU mode and it cant turn on, everytime I try to turn it on it remains on DFU mode (where it ask you to connect the iPhone to the iTunes)

Please help me ASAP, Im going back to army at sunday and I must have my phone working!! 😟

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 5:29 AM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2014 2:17 PM in response to Benishty

Hi there Benishty,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694

Resolve communication issues

Related errors: 17, 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194, 3000, 3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3015, 3194, or 3200. These alerts refer to gs.apple.com, say "There was a problem downloading the software," or say the "device isn't eligible for the requested build."

Check the hosts file or TCP/IP filtering, which might cause communication issues between iTunes, ports, and servers.

-Griff W.

iphone 4 restore & update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.