Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3G Restored error

Hello. I have some problem. When i push restore in iTunes it restore but when it restored about 75% and get error The iPhone ''iPhone'' could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (1604). And now when i turn on mobile it show USB plug in iTunes icon, and when try again restored it's stuck on preparing iphone for restore. And get that error The iPhone ''iPhone'' could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (1604). How to put phone in DFU mode? I follow instruction but it's not work, it's turn on and show plug USB to iTunes icon. I can't restored get error, and can't go in DFU mode. In Lithuanian where is no any Apple store where can repair. Pleaze hellp 😟

iPhone 3G 4.2.1 iOS

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 6:08 AM

2 replies

Apr 13, 2014 2:04 PM in response to TheNedis

Hi there TheNedis,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694

Check USB connections

Related errors: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4000, 4005, 4013, 4014, 4016, “invalid response,” and being prompted to restore again after a restore completes.

If there’s an issue with the USB port, cable, dock, or hub, or if the device becomes disconnected during restore, try troubleshooting the USB connection, then troubleshooting your security software.

To narrow down the issue, you can also change up your hardware:

• Use another USB cable.
  • Plug your cable into a different USB port on your computer.
  • Try a different dock connector (or no dock).
  • Add (or remove) a USB hub between your device and computer.
  • Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, with no routers, hubs, or switches.

If you checked your connections and are still seeing the error message, check for hardware issues.

-Griff W.

iPhone 3G Restored error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.