Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't re-activate iPad because can't get password reset

I swear my iPad 2 is a lemon. Since Day One (OK, maybe Day 201), it has crashed and quit apps and lost content in files. I basically stopped using it for anything important work-wise (it's a work computer). Finally, I gave up and took it into an Apple store for a clean wipe and restart. So, here's my problem: It's basically like a new iPad and is walking me thru the first activation steps. But about the third step, it asks me to log in with my apple ID, since that's what was synched to this device. I have multiple Apple IDs, and can't remember the password for this particular one. Simple enough, I thought, just get a password reset email. It took awhile for the email to arrive, but when it did, it was for some random AppleID that is a mac.com one, and nothing I use is linked to that ID. This is NOT the Apple ID I requested the password for.

I can't reactivate the iPad because I can't log in with my Apple ID without password, and I can't get a password reset from this specific AppleID from Apple.

Suggestions?

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 6:32 AM

There are no replies.

can't re-activate iPad because can't get password reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.