Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi problem - working very slowly

So I'm working off a 13-inch MacBook Pro (mid-2012) with 10.9.2, and my wifi was working fine up until a few days ago.

Since then, it's been quite slow, and I tested the speed today, and it's working on a download speed of about 2Mbps.

My subscribed broadband speed is 120Mbps, and it seems to be functioning fine on other devices (iPhone 4, PC), and when I use ethernet to my MacBook, it's working fine.

Is there a problem with my Airport or is a settings isse? I haven't changed any settings over the last couple of days, as far as I know, that could have caused this. Any help would be much appreciated!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 7:40 AM

3 replies

Apr 11, 2014 2:04 PM in response to dagray11

Please answer as many of the following questions as you can. You may already have answered some of them; in that case, there's no need to repeat the answers.

• Restart your router and your broadband device, if they're separate. Any change?
  • Run Software Update and install all available updates for OS X or your computer's firmware. Any change?
  • If possible, connect to your router with an Ethernet cable and turn off Wi-Fi. Any difference?
  • Are any other devices on the network, and if so, are they the same?
  • If you can connect to more than one network, are they all the same?
  • Are all network applications affected, or only some? If only some, which ones?
  • Is networking always the same, or is the problem intermittent?
  • Disconnect all other devices from the network. Any change?
  • Start up in safe mode and test. Any difference?
  • Start up in Recovery mode. From the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. Any difference?
  • If possible, turn off Bluetooth and disconnect any USB 3 devices. Any difference?

Wifi problem - working very slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.