Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick access to frequently used fonts

Hi there - In Pages 5.1, frequently used fonts are no longer "stuck" at the top of the font menu. I'm constantly having to scroll down to select the fonts I use often. Any way to "favorite" or "pin" commonly used fonts somewhere (separate from using styles)?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 8:14 AM

4 replies

Apr 13, 2014 12:24 PM in response to rcseggel

Hi rcseggel,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below will explain how to add the fonts you access the most to the Favorites category. The article is for Mountain Lion, but it applies to Mavericks as well. These fonts would be accessible to you from any application. To remove a font from the Favorites, just drag it away from the list and it will disappear.

OS X Mountain Lion: Group your favorite fonts

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10911

You can make frequently used fonts easier to find by adding them to the Favorites collection in the Fonts window. If you often use a particular style or color with a given font, you can save the styled font as a favorite, too.

1. If the Fonts window isn’t already open, open an app, and then open the Fonts window. In most apps you can open the Fonts window by choosing Format > Font > Show Fonts or Format > Show Fonts.
  2. Select a font family and a typeface, and then select a font size.
  3. To select a font color, click the Text Color button and select a color.You can’t save some text effects, such as underline, strikethrough, or shadows as part of a favorite font.
  4. Choose Add to Favorites from the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear), or drag the font from the Typeface column to the Favorites collection in the Collection column.When you select the font in your Favorites collection, it automatically appears in the correct color and style.

If you want to see what a font looks like as you adjust settings, open the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear) in the lower-left corner of the Font panel and choose Show Preview.

Cheers,

- Judy

Apr 15, 2014 6:26 AM in response to judysings

Thanks so much, Judy. It seems like such a small thing, but something I'm constantly doing.

I was able to add to favorites, but it looks like Pages 5 only shows favorties if you open the Font window. There's no way to access favorite fonts from the "inspector" Format sidebar. Just an extra step that didn't used to be necessary in 09. In that sense, looks like maybe you're right, fruhulda.

Quick access to frequently used fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.