Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Somebody stole my iPhone 4s. iPhone is turn off so i can't use ' Find my iPhone' .. I don't know what to do. Somebody know any other way to find iPhone? Please, help me:( ASAP

Everything is in the topic. Today someone stole my iPhone in shop. Now this iPhone is turn off and i can't localize it by find my iphone. Is any other way to find it?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 12:45 PM

4 replies

Apr 11, 2014 12:47 PM in response to kasica321

What To Do If Your iDevice or Computer Is Lost Or Stolen

iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad

If you activated Find My Phone before it was lost or stolen, you can track it only if it is connected to the Internet by Wi-Fi or cellular. What you cannot do is track your device using a serial number or other identifying number. You cannot expect Apple or anyone else to find your device for you. You cannot recover your loss unless you insure your device for such loss. It is not covered by your warranty.

If your iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch, or iPad is lost or stolen what do you do? There are things you should have done in advance - before you lost it or it was stolen - and some things to do after the fact. Here are some suggestions:

This link, Re: Help! I misplaced / lost my iPhone 5 today morning in delta Chelsea hotel downtown an I am not able to track it. Please help!, has some good advice regarding your options when your iDevice is lost or stolen.

1. Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

2. Find my lost iPod Touch

3. AT&T. Sprint, and Verizon can block stolen phones/tablets

4. What-To-Do-When-Iphone-Is-Stolen

5. iCloud- Use Lost Mode

6. What to do if your iOS device is lost or stolen

7. 6 Ways to Track and Recover Your Lost/Stolen iPhone

8. Find My iPhone

9. Report Stolen iPad | Stolen Lost Found Online

It pays to be proactive by following the advice on using Find My Phone before you lose your device:

1. Find My iPhone

2. Setup your iDevice oniCloud

3. OS X Lion/Mountain Lion- About Find My Mac

4. How To Set Up Free Find Your iPhone (Even on UnsupportedDevices)

Mac Computer

Find My Mac can be used from Find My Phone at iCloud.com and via Find

My Phone on your iDevice.

The following is third-party anti-theft software:

1. STEM 2.1

2. MacPhoneHome 3.5

3. MacTrack 7.5.0

4. VUWER 1.7

5. Sneaky Bastar* 0.2.0

6. Undercover 5.1.1

7. LoJack for Laptops

8. Hidden 2.0

9. Prey 0.6.2

Apr 11, 2014 1:08 PM in response to kasica321

No. Until it is turned back on and connects to either cellular data or wi-fi, it is not trackable by Find My iPhone. And there is no other way to track the device, short of polcie involvement.

And the police won't get involved in tracking a cell phone, unless there is a dire emergency need, such as a serious crime in progress. The best you can do is contact your wireless carrier and request the device be blacklisted.

Did you have a passcode lock on the iPhone?

Apr 11, 2014 1:25 PM in response to kasica321

there are many ways to find it depending on what 3rd party apps you have installed on it. lets assume that the thief does switch it on at some time and is able to connect to cellular or wifi.

no lets also assume that you have something like dropbox or gmail installed on it. also lets assume the accounts are correctly setup to fetch new data.

if so, after some time, you could go in your dropbox or gmail accounts, and under security, (or bottom of gmail first page), there will be a list of recent ip addresses from which the account was accessed. see if any of those don't match your regular ip. do a google search to find a service which maps an ip to location, and you'll get some idea of where it may be.

ofcourse all the above conditions have to be fulfilled. or else this wont work.

Somebody stole my iPhone 4s. iPhone is turn off so i can't use ' Find my iPhone' .. I don't know what to do. Somebody know any other way to find iPhone? Please, help me:( ASAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.