Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad identifies my charging cable as not recognized, although it was bought at the same store, at the same time as the ipad. It charged for awhile, but now won't turn on or even charge. Any ideas?

My ipad identifies my charging cable as not recognized, although it was bought at the same store, at the same time as the ipad. It charged for awhile, but now the ipad won't turn on or even charge. I still have all the packaging and receipt as proof. Any ideas why? Purchase was over a year ago, so I can't get Apple help on the phone.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 12:35 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 1:09 PM in response to ssmjmfm

Try moving and wiggle the devise if that works the port or the tip of the charger is Brocken if the wire is an apple chatter made by Apple it should not I give your problems I've it in a forren ore different manufacturer that could be the problem apple suggest all apples devises should all ways charges and sync with an apple manufactured charger for the best proformance don't try other doggy chargers made from other manufactures.

Hope this works

Sinserly redwan Uddin

My ipad identifies my charging cable as not recognized, although it was bought at the same store, at the same time as the ipad. It charged for awhile, but now won't turn on or even charge. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.