Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail (non)Access on IPhone 4 after changing password on-line

I changed the password on my Gmail account on-line, due to the Heartbleed Bug (per Google/Gmail instructions), and have changed the password for my gmail on my i phone (4), but it will no longer allow me to receive my gmail on my phone, because it says my password is incorrect. ??? It keeps sending me back to the same page in Settings where I would re-enter my gmail password, which I've done, several times, and rebooted my phone, and still can no longer receive mail on my phone. I can get into my account on-line, using my new password.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide...

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 11:46 AM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 1:55 PM in response to wjosten

I Had this problem on my Ipad. I went to mail, contacts, calendars under settings. Then I deleted the Gmail account. Next I added it under add account. Essentially I reinstalled it there by choosing Google and then filling out all the other specs. And putting in my new password. During some parts of this you have to click on done. Arrow yourself back to see that it is as you want it. Done! I had to do this on each of my i pads as well....the ipad mini too.

Gmail (non)Access on IPhone 4 after changing password on-line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.