Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on XP unsupport Vunerable?

Hello Friends,

I am on an XP machine and now unsupported, what can I use for a calendar that iTunes will sync with?

I had thought of trying to use iCloud, (in the clouds), meaning not on my machine, but how can that work? For instance I have always thought that using iCloud this way was strictly to have a backup of my iPhone 4s calendar in the clouds.

Then I thought of putting iCloud on my machine, but unless I am missing something, would that not be the same as using my Outlook 2010 as it would be susceptible to all the XP breaches, correct..?

Any advice or suggestions would be more that appreciated.

Thank you Friends.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 1:04 PM

3 replies

Apr 13, 2014 7:47 AM in response to David_1

Hi David_1,

If you have iCloud enabled on your iPhone, then you can access your account using your Apple ID and password at www.icloud.com. Any changes you make at the iCloud website will be reflected on your iPhone. Windows 7 or 8 is required to install iCloud on your PC.

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/pc.html

Cheers,

- Judy

Apr 15, 2014 11:29 AM in response to judysings

Hello Judy,

Thank you very kindly for your advice and for the links you provided.
Unfortunately, at this time, I cannot purchase windows 7, or Eight.

I have been using my iPhone 4s to enter Calendar events and then syncing with iCloud, (on-line).

If I could just find a way to use email online that would allow me to put my business card in as part of my business signature I think that would do it.

This would mean I would not have to load my XP Outlook 2010 as without the Windoze ongoing support gone, the method I have mentioned above , 'might' keep me secure.

Any and all ideas would be welcome and many thanks in advance for everyone’s time and efforts.

Apr 22, 2014 12:51 PM in response to David_1

Hi David,

Since you are using iCloud to sync your calendar, you could also use the icloud.com website for your email needs if you wish. However, this would involve creating an email address that ends in @icloud.com. You could forward your existing email account to the @icloud address. Doing this will enable you to send and receive emails from the web at www.icloud.com. The email activity from this email address will be synced to your iPhone. Here's some additional information:

iCloud: Set up an @icloud.com email address

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph2620

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

iTunes on XP unsupport Vunerable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.