Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new ipod nano 7th generation. It is charged, has downloaded my iTunes content, but I cannot get any sound.

My new ipod nano 7th is charged, has downloaded my iTunes content, but I cannot get any sound through the earphones. Settings look fine.

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 2:24 PM

Make sure the headphones plug is completely inserted into the headphones jack. The fit can be tighter than expected, especially when brand new. The plasitc part should be flush against the iPod, and you should feel a "click" when fully seated.

If that's not the problem, try a different set of headphones, to rule out faulty headphones.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2014 2:24 PM in response to hortboy

Make sure the headphones plug is completely inserted into the headphones jack. The fit can be tighter than expected, especially when brand new. The plasitc part should be flush against the iPod, and you should feel a "click" when fully seated.

If that's not the problem, try a different set of headphones, to rule out faulty headphones.

May 23, 2014 1:45 PM in response to hortboy

I also have been having problems with getting sound from my 7th gen nano Ipod. Using the provided earbuds, I have found that I actually have to slightly back out the plug so that it makes contact with the leads in the nano jack. I did not have the problem right after I purchased this unit; the problem seemed to develop after a few months. I have tried other earbuds and a set of headphones and getting the jack to connect properly has been an issue with all of them. Frustrating.

I have a new ipod nano 7th generation. It is charged, has downloaded my iTunes content, but I cannot get any sound.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.