Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I installed Mavericks Wednesday. Afterward updates were offered for my iWork '09 Apps. I installed them, opened a document, and was asked when I closed it if I'd like to update the file to a near format. I chose "Yes". That document will not open now

It says that a new version of Pages is required. The update in The App Store shows that it is version 5.2 AND that it is installed. Pages claims to be 4.3. What now? Thanks.

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 1:49 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 2:34 PM in response to DeereFloyd

Pages v5 and IOS Pages v2.1 introduced a completely incompatible document format that Pages ’09 v4.3 cannot open. That document extension remains .pages for added confusion. Due to Pages v5 missing about 100+ features/functionality that were in v4.3, you may find that the file conversion to v5.2 may have filtered content from your older document format.

In Pages v5.2, use File > Export to Pages ’09 and see what remains.

In the future, with both applications installed on your Mac, a double-click of any Pages document will attempt to open it with Pages v5.2. If you want to open a Pages ’09 v4.3 document, you will need to open it directly from the relevant Open dialog, or by right-clicking on the document, and using the Open With > Pages (4.3) menu item. You have already seen the dialog when you attempt to open a Pages v5 document with the older Pages.

Here in the Pages for Mac community, we are recommending that users strictly continue to use Pages ’09 v4.3 until a time in the future where Apple has reconstructed Pages v5 or v6 into an acceptible WP application.

I installed Mavericks Wednesday. Afterward updates were offered for my iWork '09 Apps. I installed them, opened a document, and was asked when I closed it if I'd like to update the file to a near format. I chose "Yes". That document will not open now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.