Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove ICloud from my I Tunes library?

How can I remove I Cloud from my I Tunes library.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 2:57 PM

12 replies

Apr 11, 2014 6:29 PM in response to gerald295

The question provided was inadequate. The iCloud indicates that this song resides in your iCloud account (server), and you can play it when connected to the server. I assume you meant that you want the files to be permanently available on your computer so you can play them all the time. Therefore, click on the cloud icon which should become a download sign and download the files to your computer. Granted, you have to be online and signed in to your iTunes account.

Here are a couple helpful links:

Download previous purchases

Hiding and Unhiding Purchases

Troubleshooting Automatic Downloads

Apr 12, 2014 5:22 AM in response to Timbuktu

I ALREADY PLAY THE SONGS IN MY ITUNES LIBRARY - THAT'S NO PROBLEM.

I WANT TO REMOVE THE ICLOUD SYMBOL FROM EACH SONG. WHEN I PURCHASE

NEW SONGS FROM I TUNES THE CLOUD DOES NOT SHOW UP ON

THE NEW DOWNLOADS AND CONSEQUENTLY ARE ADDE4D TO THE

BOTTOM OF MY LIBRARY INSTEAD OF THE ALPHABETICAL ORDER WHERE

THEY SHOULD SHOW. I DON'T KNOW HOW PLAINER I CAN EXPLAIN WHJAT I

WISH TO DO.

Apr 12, 2014 12:57 PM in response to gerald295

As Timbuktu elegantly stated: "The question provided was inadequate."

There is a lot you have not told us. For example, do you subscribe to iTunes Match?

Also, you "shout" (by using unneeded capital letters): "new songs ... are added to the bottom of my library instead of the alphabetical order ...". That must mean you are not sorting your songs list correctly. Simply press the "Songs" title above the list to sort the songs alphabetically regardless of whether the cloud appears or not.

I suggest you lose some of the attitude and appreciate the assistance you are given.

Oct 28, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Timbuktu

Dear Timbuktu

I was amazed to read the demanding rude intolerant response to people who are volunteering their help.

Would you know - With the new iTunes for Mac 12.3.1.2.3, I've received a new column with the iCloud symbol. It's unremoveable thru the system preferences for iTunes or the App Preferences. With the best ways I know to use, the column inserts itself near the front of the columns when I switch programs briefly or reopen iTunes. Thoughts?

Oct 28, 2015 8:45 PM in response to Peter Olson

Peter,

I think you are talking about the iCloud download symbol column when you are in Songs View. To not show this column, click on Songs in the upper right corner, and then on the "Show Columns" drop down and deselect "iCloud Download". The cloud column should disappear. I have noticed though that I have turned this column off already a couple of times and it has returned, likely after upgrading to a new version. Let me know if this solved your question. I assume you turned off the "Show iCloud Music Purchases" under the View menu.

Oct 28, 2015 11:07 PM in response to gerald295

You must be signed in to iTunes with your Apple ID and have iCloud Music Library turned on before you can delete items from iCloud Music Library. After you delete an item from iCloud Music Library, you can't recover it. Deleting an item from iCloud Music Library also deletes it from any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that uses iCloud Music Library with the same Apple ID.

Nov 25, 2015 9:03 PM in response to Timbuktu

Thank you for your attention. My question was unclear I know but your advice was kind. I'm simply interested in removing the iCloud Download menu heading when I'm showing my music in Songs mode. I have 'show icloud music' turned off and I've removed the menu heading when I'm looking at the movies, TV and music groups. It simply continues to reinsert itself with everything turned off, and annoyingly, it even inserts itself in second place so it's the guaranteed menu item to look at. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Peter

Dec 7, 2015 7:30 PM in response to Peter Olson

g4s already provided the answer to your question in his earlier post. You have to select Music, Movies And TV Shows View tabs, then select "Hide iCloud Music (Movies, TV Shows respectively) Purchases" under the iTunes View Menu. Then the iCloud symbol will no longer appear under Song View, and only if all three are hiding your purchases. Yes, it is the opposite of intuitive, almost intentional as it was previously located as an iTunes Preference item with a simple check box.

How do I remove ICloud from my I Tunes library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.