Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Popup complains about inactive server in Desktop/Screensaver prefs pane

I had to replace a network drive I was using as a home server some time ago, and now whenever I go to the Desktop & Screensaver prefs pane, I get a message indicating "There was a problem connecting to the server newserver2". I've not been able to find where this reference to the old server is listed. Where can I find it so I can stop this popup?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mid-2007 iMac 6GB RAM 1TB HD

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 4:36 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2014 9:21 AM in response to LeVeau

So this turned out to be coming from iPhoto. If I move my iPhoto Library to the desktop, then launch the Desktop & Screensavers prefs pane, I don't get the error message. When I put the iPhoto Library back in the Pictures folder, the error message returns.

At some point in the distant past, I imported some pictures from that server into iPhoto, and now for some reason the prefs pane in question wants to access that source. Launching iPhoto doesn't give the same error message.

I've poked around in the database & plist files inside the iPhoto Library package, but have not found any reference to this old server. Any suggestions?

Popup complains about inactive server in Desktop/Screensaver prefs pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.