Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPP not working after 3.1.1 update - SCNetwork Error?

I updated Server to 3.1.1 and suddenly I am unable to invite erolled devices to our VPP.

The notificaion to join never arrives to the device.

There are currently 30+ devices already enroled and I was able to send them all apps prior to the update, however, the apps now will not arrive.

Everytime I try to pusha notification, app, etc, I get the following error in the logs:

Apr 12 08:35:28 www.address.com ruby[317]: SCNetworkReachabilityCreateWithAddress[Pair] called with invalid address family 1

This is urgent as I have teachers waiting to be invited to VPP, and enrolled users waiting for purchased apps.

Not sure how to proceed.

Any help is very appreciated.

Leon

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 4:44 PM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2014 10:13 AM in response to Platmack

A litle under Alerts I setup a few email address and Support and I tested took sometime and got alerts working however the profile manager still can not send. It will not hand off the mail to another SMTP server try to deliver local then just dumps it. I'm trying to figure out a work around to xtract the message and send it out my regular mail client. Support has 3 pulls of log data I should hear something on Wed. Apple this *****.

Apr 21, 2014 8:35 PM in response to JIEC_DOTT

Not much movement on this yet.

There were a few ports that hadn't been opened and that heped us get push notifications and a web clipping installed on a previously enrolled device. However, we are still unable to send VPP enrolement requests to new devices or push purchased apps to VPP enrolled devices.

Working with Apple to solve, but Easter holiday has slowed things down a bit.

VPP not working after 3.1.1 update - SCNetwork Error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.