Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring text messages?

The volume on my old iPhone 5 broke so I just recieved a replacement iPhone 5 in the mail today. I already put my sim card in the new one and have also transferred everything I backed up on iCloud. However, my text messages did not transfer. I thought iCloud had backed them up but it turns out it didn't. I haven't erased everything on my old iPhone yet so they're still on that one. They are also still on my MacBook Pro on the "Messages" app.

Is there anyway I can get them back onto my new iPhone 5?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 5:18 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 6:02 PM in response to crodriguez94

You can if you back up your old phone, then restore the backup to your new one. Assuming your old phone no longer has service, you'll have to back it up to your computer using iTunes. Connect it to your computer, open iTunes and go to File>Devices>Back Up. Then connect your new phone to your computer, open iTunes and go to File>Devices>Restore from Backup, choosing the backup of your old phone to restore from.

Transferring text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.