Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a sprint sim card but its locked and i don't remember the apple id for it. If i buy a new sprint sim card will I still have to put in the apple id? Or is the iPhone no good?

I have a sprint sim card but its locked and i don't remember the apple id for it. If i buy a new sprint sim card will I still have to put in the apple id? Or is the iPhone no good?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1, Sim card

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 5:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 5:16 PM in response to MEllzey23

If you have iOS 7 and have turned on Find My Phone in Settings > iCloud, you will have to remember the Apple ID to unlock the iPhone...the Activation Lock is an anti-theft protection that you cannot bypass.

The only hope you have is to take it and proof that you are the owner to an Apple store genius bar and see if there is anything they can do. In general the answer is no, but give it a try.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.