Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No midi status with guitar in Garageband 10.

Hi,

Having this problem, I have no midi status with Garageband 10 when using my guitar, says 0 detected. Have tried restarting my macbook, tried reinstalling Garageband 6.0.5, same issue. Any ideas? Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 4:54 PM

10 replies

Apr 11, 2014 11:28 PM in response to léonie

There is no microphone option, but Ihave tried the other ones too, keyboard and hop hop options, my guitar doesn't play in any of them, garageband 10 *****! I need my guitar working in garageband.

Use either of the two middle selections below the heading "Audio". Those are for audio input. Keyboard is for midi input to a software instrument track, and dummer is a smart instrument track, that cannot be recorded.

User uploaded file

Apr 12, 2014 9:37 AM in response to ABB24

Your screenshot is showing how to create a new project. My screenshot is showing, how to add a track to a project - from the "Track > New Track" menu.

Your screenshot shows, how to create a new project, with the first track being a software instrument track for a midi keyboard. Pick AmpCollection or Songwriter, to create a project with initial audio tracks.

No midi status with guitar in Garageband 10.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.