Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, my Apple ipad charger (used with transformer) is getting alarmingly overheated in a few seconds and, it stops charging. Takes about 15 minutes to return to room temp. Help

Hi, been using this apple ipad (bought in US) in India. Recharging with a transformer. Both charger and transformer used to get a little heated up, and full charging needed about2 hrs or so. Now, the charger gets over heated--too hot to touch (tho transformer remains cool) in a few seconds and stops charging. Is there a free solution or do I have to get a new transformer? or a new charger? Thank you--indiauser

iPad, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 6:46 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 8:54 PM in response to indiauser

Get a new set up. I'm not sure what you mean by charger and transformer because I use the terms power block and cable....the power block being what you plug into the outlet and the cable is what runs between that power block and your iPad. The transformer is part of the power block

Generally if it gets too hot to handle then it's time to stop using it.

Hi, my Apple ipad charger (used with transformer) is getting alarmingly overheated in a few seconds and, it stops charging. Takes about 15 minutes to return to room temp. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.