Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The sound was lost suddenly while listening to a pre-aired program on National Public Radio that I accessed from a link from an email from my sister. Everything sounded fine for the first 10 minutes then the sound from the 4S iphone speakers just stopped.

I lost the speaker sound suddenly while listening to a previously aired radio program. Cannot hear any sounds on my Apple 4S iPhone since it happened. Cannot even hear Siri anymore. Can only hear any sound at all using my ear buds. No speaker sound whatsoever. Any suggestions? I've already restored the whole system using iCloud as my backup. I've also rebooted the phone several times. The sound functions well using headphones (which i was not using when the speaker sound all of a sudden stopped working in the middle of the program). I tried cleaning any debris from the speaker and other crevices using a toothbrush and have tried blowing any debris out too. I pressed up on the charging dock using a pen and tapped on the speaker side to dislodge any debris. I even stuck my phone in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer as someone suggested. Any other ideas? I even deleted an app to free up some space. Any other suggestions please?

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 10:43 PM

1 reply

The sound was lost suddenly while listening to a pre-aired program on National Public Radio that I accessed from a link from an email from my sister. Everything sounded fine for the first 10 minutes then the sound from the 4S iphone speakers just stopped.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.