Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto and facebook share question

I'd like to delete my backed up photos from iphoto but it states that some are shared on facebook and will be deleted from facebook. How can I easily tell which ones I have shared? I've been on facebook for years! I'd really like to make some space and have securely backed up these photos, but don't want to delete them from the many I have on facebook. Has anyone encountered this problem before and figured out a simple solution?

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 10:04 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 11:54 PM in response to painterberry

You need to remove your Facebook account from iPhoto before deleting the photos.

See this help page: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph2432

Important: If you delete photos and albums from iPhoto, they’re deleted from your Facebook page, along with any posted comments. You can’t undo this action.

To delete photos and albums from iPhoto without deleting them from Facebook, first remove the Facebook account from iPhoto. Choose iPhoto > Preferences, and then click Accounts. Click to select the Facebook account (below the Accounts subhead on the left), and then click the Delete ➖ button in the lower-left corner of the Accounts pane.

Iphoto and facebook share question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.