Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

already have Support Software v5.0 installed, do I need to uninstall it before installing SS v5.1? Please help!

as title.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Windows 8

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 10:55 PM

2 replies

Apr 12, 2014 3:19 PM in response to agent texas

thanks for reply.

anyway, I uninstall the older version before installing the new. for those who having trouble uninstalling Windows software try Fix it software from microsoft (thank rtheb's post).

one thing I didn't mention is that I did a fresh win8 install using boot camp assistant, but at that time the latest boot camp support services available was v4.0 which is not supposed to support win8.

later, when boot camp support services v5.0 final was released, I installed it on top of v4.0 (i.e. without uninstalling v4.0). I couldn't remember if I got a error message for that, but the computer seemed running ok except that I got a error message when uninstalling boot camp support services v5.0 this time.

already have Support Software v5.0 installed, do I need to uninstall it before installing SS v5.1? Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.