Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD films from iTunes will not play

I have an Apple Mac Mini purchased 2013 summer. It runs Mavericks and iTunes 11 all updated to latest version.I use it with an external video display, a Panasonic Viera 50" plasma HD 1080p 60Hz refresh. Downloaded HD iTunes will not play, but SD films play fine. Is this an Apple copy protection issue? Would they play on an Apple thunderbolt display? It seems odd as it means I will spend less on films from iTunes. The same screen plays Blu-Ray from an Arcam player no rpoblems, and Sky HD again no problems. Apple support helpline unable to resolve issue. I see from various fora others have issues with HD not playing on various devices. The same HD films play fine on my Mac book Air. Seems a pity not to be able to utilise HD on the best screen n the house. Any ideas please?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), HD films iTunes

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 11:39 PM

There are no replies.

HD films from iTunes will not play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.