Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S will not connect to the wifi, it greyed out the switch.

Ok, so just after Christmas, Mum got a new phone. She gave her old one to me. All the wifi and everything was working perfectly for the past 2 or 3 years we've had the wifi.

We also got a new Playstation 3, and we connected it to wifi a while after. A bit after that, my phone experience just went downhill.

First it started saying 'unable to join network' . So I turned it completely on and off again. When I went back into wifi, the switch was greyed out. I turned it on and off a few more times. I then reset the network settings, though that didnt work. I then reset the whole phone after I backed it up to the computer and it still didnt do anything.

We went to Apple Genius Bar a few days after, and I got a new replacement one. Again, it worked for about 3 or 4 days and then it just all happened again.

It's geting really frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I absoloutley love Apple. The whole Android and Samsung stuff kills me. But this is really getting annoying and I really want to connect to the wifi.

I have tried turning off the wifi on other things, but it still refused to connect. I have turned the wifi box thingy on and off too.

Thats all the details I can think of that are important. Please, can someone help me. Im dying here \😢/

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6, Desperate level: Seriously High

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 3:49 AM

There are no replies.

My iPhone 4S will not connect to the wifi, it greyed out the switch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.