Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple iCloud accounts in contacts

I have 5 icloud accounts ( and an On My Mac) in my contact file. Any idea how I can get rid of the excess as all my contact are duplicated many times over.

I assumed it may have been caused by having a few iphones and Mac Minis in the house but they are all now disconnedted from my icloud and the duplicates persist.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.4 ;GHz Intel I5

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 8:09 AM

6 replies

Apr 13, 2014 11:13 AM in response to Ewen Wilson

Do you have 5 apple IDs that you have 5 iCloud accounts?

Open internet Accounts in system preferences. Open all accounts and deselect contacts in the list. Choose only contacts in the list in the account you want to manage your contacts in.

For the on my Mac contacts. That is what is stored locally on your Mac. I choose to only have my in iCloud. If you want this make sure you have the contacts stored correctly in iCloud. You should be able to remove all contacts from the on my Mac section.

Apr 16, 2014 10:20 AM in response to Glenn Leblanc

I opened the internet account - only gmail, yahoo and Icloud have buttons for contacts and only icloud is contacts selected. My work email doesnt have contacts box.

I have noticed now that Contacts is getting very slow.

As you suggested I openned Contacts preferences and found 6 icloud accounts linked to the my icloud email.

I have deactivated 5 . Contacts says I should remove the disabled ones in icloud. But in Icloud I have only 1 account.

Now my contacts has only 1 icloud account and 1 on your Mac . Many thanks for your help

Apr 16, 2014 10:31 AM in response to Ewen Wilson

Yes, the iCloud pane is for your main iCloud login. In Internet Accounts pane, it will include all email accounts and any other iCloud accounts you add in addition to the main one. Some have more than one Apple ID or you may want to add someone like your wife's iCloud contacts to the computer with yours.

Anyway, if you only have one iCloud account and Apple ID, there is no reason to have other iCloud accounts listed. Do as it says and delete the others if you only have one. Just leave the main account there.

Glad that helped.

Multiple iCloud accounts in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.