Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume button only increases or decreases until it reaches the extent of range. I'm assuming there is something in the settings that controls this. I turned on "control with buttons"

Volume button on iPad Air is one directional. It will either increase in volume or decrease and go to mute. It will then stay and not reverse direction. I assume it is something in the settings that I have not set correctly. I have the "control with buttons" on.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 8:46 AM

5 replies

Apr 12, 2014 9:23 AM in response to Demo

The volume will sometimes ONLY increase and not reverse direction. Or it will ONLY decrease and not change direction, regardless if pushing the UP on the button or DOWN on the button. I had an iPad before and the volume button controlled the up and down volume depending on if you pressed the up on the button or down. This iPad Air will let you raise the volume, but whichever way you press the button (UP or DOWN) it will continue to raise it. Or if you first try to lower the volume, it will ONLY lower it until it mutes. The only way I can change the volume is by lifting up on the screen to expose the volume setting. Clear as mud? Thanks. Omisrut

Apr 13, 2014 6:31 AM in response to Demo

I don't know how to apologize! As I mentioned before, I originally had an iPad ,then purchased an iPad Air. The iPad has ONE toggle button to control the volume, the iPad Air has TWO! I wasn't watching when I hit the button(s) and didn't realize there were two until last night. The top button raises the volume and the bottom button lowers it! It works perfectly. SO SORRY! I appreciate your input. What a dunce! Omisrut

Volume button only increases or decreases until it reaches the extent of range. I'm assuming there is something in the settings that controls this. I turned on "control with buttons"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.