Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my computer keep disconnecting from my wifi?

Why does my computer keep disconnecting from my wifi?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 10:04 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2014 11:28 AM in response to jacost

Some users with various Wi-Fi problems have reported that they were given the following instructions by Apple Support, sometimes with success. After completing the procedure, you'll have to recreate all your settings in the Networkpreference pane. Make sure you know how to do that before you begin. Taking screenshots of the preference pane may be helpful.

Step 1

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item named "SystemConfiguration" selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator password. Reboot and recreate the network settings.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combinationcommand-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Step 2

Reset the System Management Controller.

Step 3

Reset the PRAM.

why does my computer keep disconnecting from my wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.