Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes blind to later gen nanos

itunes regognizes my early gen ipod nano, but not my later gen nanos

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 10:40 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2014 11:51 AM in response to rimrockjack

Hi rimrockjack,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

You are referencing the correct article for this issue. Have you gone through each of the 10 troubleshooting steps outlined? Did you receive any error messages at any point in this process?

iPod: Appears in Windows but not in iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1363?viewlocale=en_US

If you see your iPod in My Computer (Windows XP) or Computer (Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8) but not in iTunes under Devices, try these steps. Start at the top and work your way through the steps until iTunes recognizes your iPod.

1. Try the iPod troubleshooting assistant:

If you haven't already done so, try the steps in the iPod Troubleshooting Assistant (choose your iPod model from the list).

If the issue remains after following your iPod's troubleshooting assistant, follow the steps below.

2. Restart the iPod Service

3. Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service

4. Empty your Temp directory and restart

5. Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed

6. Change your iPod's drive letter

7. Remove and reinstall iTunes

8. Disable conflicting System Services and Startup Items

9. Update, Reconfigure, Disable, or Remove Security Software

10. Deleting damaged or incorrect registry keys

Additional Information

If your iPod is recognized successfully on a different computer, and the steps above didn't resolve your issue, there is likely some other system issue on your computer that is the cause. This may require you to repair or reinstall Windows. If you need assistance with this, contact whomever supports Windows on your computer. In most cases, this will be the computer manufacturer.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

itunes blind to later gen nanos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.