Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my iphone if i try to locate it using the icloud lost phone feature?

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 11:15 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2014 7:16 AM in response to desperate11111

Hi desperate11111,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below may be able to help you with this. Click on the link to see more details and screenshots.

iCloud: Set up Find My iPhone

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph2697

iCloud: Locate your device

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2698?viewlocale=en_US

Find the approximate location of your iOS devices and Mac computers. You can locate your device if:

• Find My iPhone is set up on the device you want to locate.
  • The iOS device is online, or the Mac is online (awake and in range of a Wi-Fi network).

Locate your iOS device or Mac

1. Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.
  2. Click All Devices, then select the device you want to locate.In the list, the dot next to the device indicates its status:If the device is online, its approximate location is shown on the map. The green circle around the device indicates its location (the smaller the circle, the better the accuracy). A gray dot means it's offline.

1. Note: If Find My iPhone can’t locate a device, the last known location is displayed for up to 24 hours. Select “Notify me when found” to get an email when it comes online.
  2. Do any of the following:
    • To move the map or zoom in or out, use the map navigation controls in the upper-left corner. You can also drag the map to move it around.
    • To update a location, click the green dot on the map, then click the Refresh button.

I hope this information helps ...

- Judy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.