Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 is unresponsive

Alright, so I've been dealing with the infamous "blue screen of death" for a couple of weeks now. It hasn't been too much of a problem, I usually just soft reset the phone and let it sit for a few minutes before using it again. So after searching the discussions for ways to fix it, I decided to try and put the phone in recovery mode and set up as a new device (that appeared to be the best option). I connected my phone to my MacBook Pro (running Mountain Lion) and initiated recovery mode. I downloaded the most recent firmware for my iPhone (7.1), had no problems doing that, but when it finished downloading and tried to connect to my phone, I got the blue screen again. I hoped it would eventually go away, but after about 5 minutes of blue, I just unplugged it. I got the error message saying the connection was interrupted and now my phone won't soft reset, enter recovery mode, or even be recognized by my computer or iTunes (iTunes is up to date and I restarted my computer). The warranty just ran out right before I started having problems. Any help? The nearest Apple Store is 2.5 hours away from my city.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 12:36 PM

3 replies

iPhone 5 is unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.