5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2014 5:39 PM by LarryHN
dominque505 Level 1 (0 points)

This has been the same for over a week. Would prefer not to have to go into a genius bar. I just want to import some photos and look at them on my computer. This has never happened before. I have had a macbook pro for a good 3 years and it has given me no problems at all until now. I have restarted the computer. Added software updates. Please help. Thank you.

Mac OS X. Version 10.6.8.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • LarryHN Level 9 (77,094 points)

what version of iPhoto? What has recently changed?  TryBack up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - rebuild your database

LN

• dominque505 Level 1 (0 points)

It's version 11. How do I back it up?

Fr this purpose simply make a copy of your iPhoto library  --  but if you do not always have a good backupusing Time Machine or other backup software then you are 100% guarenteed to lose your photo sooner or later - you need to start regular backups ASAP

LN

• dominque505 Level 1 (0 points)

To be honest I am not too worried about my photos on iPhoto - I have so many pointless ones. I do not mind starting my library again - just got back from nyc with a whole batch of new photos. I want to import those - see my problem? How do I delete and re-install or reboot (I don't know the terminology) without paying etc?

PS - Thank you for your replies

With backup you ll nt onlyh lose  your photos but everything on yoru computer - sooner or later things will fail and with no backup you lose everything

if you want to start over simply drag your iPhoto library to the trash and launch iPhoto createing a new one - your problem is not the software - it is the database and my previous instructions were to fix it but you certainly can just start over too if you choose to

LN