Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set the length of the reverb? (GarageBand)

Hey Guys,

im from germany and im just mixing and recording some songs in my free time with garage band 11.

When im recording my Voice and im using a reverb for it, i just can set the loudness of the reverb. but i want to set the lenght of it, i want to ask you guys how i can do that?

thanks a lot

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 12:56 PM

8 replies

Apr 12, 2014 1:59 PM in response to walkerfromg

Sorry, your post said GarageBand '11, and did not mention the new GarageBand 10.

For the new GarageBand 10.0 I have not found any duration settings either. Have you tried, if the "Reverb" automation curve helps to extend the duration? For me, it sounds like it does.

User uploaded file

Or create your tracks in the old GarageBand '11 - I hope, you did not delete it - the upgrader will have moved the GarageBand '11 application to a subfolder of applications (Programme). Set the track settings as you want them, in GarageBAnd '11, and then open the project in the new GarageBand 10.0. That should set everything exactly as you want it.

Apr 12, 2014 5:46 PM in response to léonie

oh, im sorry léonie, i mixed up 😁

currently i just have this one garageband application on my mac and i think that the old garageband was deleted by itself. i remember that i had two garageband icons in the folder after installing , but when i restarted my mac there was just 1 garageband icon 😟 can i download the old garageband version additionally?

Apr 12, 2014 6:13 PM in response to walkerfromg

okay, i tried your recommendation and it realy extented the reverb a lot, thank you very very much léonie 😀

but nevertheless i will try to download the old garageband application, because in my opinion its just not the same as the setting in the old garageband. it just sounds much better than in the newer version. i dont get, why they changed it so crass. 😟

i have another question, its almost the same content 😕 how is it about the echo? in the older version, i could easily change the type of the echo, for example in which tact it should be or how much it should be repeated and so on.. oh, I wish it was still as easy as before!!! 😢

Apr 13, 2014 1:41 AM in response to walkerfromg

Gern geschehen! 🙂 Take good care of the old GarageBand '11 and make sure you back up your system as it is now, just in case!

i have another question, its almost the same content 😕 how is it about the echo? in the older version, i could easily change the type of the echo, for example in which tact it should be or how much it should be repeated and so on.. oh, I wish it wasstill as easy as before!!! 😢

The Smart Controls will allow you to change some effects on a track, but the available effects will depend on the patch you selected. Get yourself HangTime's marvellous Effect Finder - this will help you to find out, which patches will have which effects: Download here: http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/File%20Pages/DownloadsGB.html

For the echo you can also use the automation curve on the track, just like for Reverb.

-- Léonie

How to set the length of the reverb? (GarageBand)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.