Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete music off my iphone 5 that was a "purchased" item, and it isn't in my itunes on my computer?

I accidentally downloaded a free song from Starbucks months ago, and now I can't get it off my phone. It won't show up when I manually delete music, either on my computer or when I try the swipe method on my phone. It's just there.

There's two songs, actually, and I want them both gone. Turning off my cloud connection didn't change it because they are downloaded onto my phone and won't leave! I just want them gone, because it's a nuisance and I don't even like them. I have a PC, so no tricky Mac tricks will work for me. Please help! Is this some glitch in the software or something?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 1:19 PM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2014 11:15 AM in response to kerrisapatricia

Hello kerrisapatricia,

It sounds like you have a couple of songs you want to delete from your iPhone. This article should help with that:

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5772

To delete a song:

1. Tap the Music app.
  2. Tap the Songs category.
  3. Swipe left to right over the song you want to delete.
  4. Tap Delete.

If you see a cloud icon next to them right now, or after you delete them you can hide them by turning off Show all Music in your settings here:

Tap Settings > Music

Download past purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Apr 15, 2014 8:19 PM in response to sterling r

I'm pretty sure I tried both of these, and neither of those ways worked before I posted here. Otherwise I wouldn't be here...and I want them off of my phone, not downloaded then hidden by hiding all downloaded music. I already have the music settings changed. The two songs do not exist anywhere but on my phone. They are not in my purchased music, downloaded, nothing. They don't exist anywhere where I can access them to delete them.

How can I delete music off my iphone 5 that was a "purchased" item, and it isn't in my itunes on my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.