Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't play music or podcasts

I've seen this question come up when Googled but have yet to see a reply that includes any sort of solution so I'm hoping beyond hope that I've missed it somewhere. I'm unable to play either podcastg of music, which renders my iPod touch effectively useless. This has occurred over the last 4-5 months or so and when I've restored the iPod from scratch, the issue has seemingly resolved itself for a period of time. It has now happend again and after restoring yet again it hasn't helped at all.

I've recently relocated to Malawi, and unless I'm mistaken there is no Apple store here or anywhere I can take it for repairs. It's still in warranty until July, but I'm not sure what I can do?

Has a solution been found at all?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 2:44 PM

If you restored to factory settings/new iPod via iTunes (Not via Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Setting) and still have the problem that indicates a hardware problem.

I Googled and could not find an Apple Authorized Service Provider in Malawi. I would contact the following since that is the only Apple Authroized reseller in Malawithat I could find

https://www.facebook.com/ATCarter2011

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2014 2:44 PM in response to Alwaysconfused13

If you restored to factory settings/new iPod via iTunes (Not via Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Setting) and still have the problem that indicates a hardware problem.

I Googled and could not find an Apple Authorized Service Provider in Malawi. I would contact the following since that is the only Apple Authroized reseller in Malawithat I could find

https://www.facebook.com/ATCarter2011

can't play music or podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.