Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App purchases stuck on installing

This has been puzzling me for a few days now. Every time i download something from the App Store whether update or new app it's stuck on installing. I keep killing the storeagent process clearning the caches and the updates folder. Sometimes that works ok but most of the times i have to hard reset the computer as i can't even shut it down. Whenever i try and shut down i get a message that the shutdown was cancelled as an app is installing.... I keep waiting and nothing.

This happened with the iLife apps and XCode. It's very recent, about 2-3 weeks now that i am trying to update and i keep force quiting everything.

OH, and when that does happen the fans start going crazy and in the Activity Monitor i see my zsh prcess going to 100% cpu util.

Anyone know why this may be happenning? Or a possible solution for this? I don't want to re-install everything..

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 16GB

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 11:29 AM

I'm having the same problem. ZSH from Homebrew. On 3 different machines (Mac mini, MBP, MBA).

If I change my default shell to bash again everything works fine.

3 replies

Apr 13, 2014 12:00 PM in response to Onkelhotte

Hey. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a go if it carries on happening.

For now I managed to solve the problem late last night, by removing and re-installing XCode.

At least it seems to be working fine now.

Before re-installing i deleted the directories com.apple.appstore and com.apple.storeagent in $TMPDIR../C and $TMPDIR../T

Then i also emptied the following directories:

rm -rf /private/var/folders/dw/w3mz6fc50z2r4qf72g79j9h0x00gn/C/com.apple.appstore

rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore

After that i re-installed XCode and it finished fine.

Either way it does seem to be ZSH that's causing the problem. That's sad cause it just started happening. Not to mention i like ZSH and don't want to switch back to Bash.

Did you try the default ZSH?

App purchases stuck on installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.