Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suggestion for a new macbookair flash storage capacity for dual OS

I'm planning to buy my first MBA. I'll work using logic pro and office for mac. But I also have one app that need run on win7. This app size is max 200mb.

To keep my final working file, I plan to buy external storage.

My question, looking at my work needs, pls advise what is the ideal flash storage size I should pick ? Is it 128, 256 or 512Gb ? Ideal for me means, not overcapacity flash storage.

Tx all

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 9:22 PM

2 replies

Apr 12, 2014 10:28 PM in response to Dikanug

Hi Dikanug,

Out of interest, so I can further select the best capacity of Flash Storage, how many document do you plan to save on the computer using Office and how often are you going to use Logic Pro?

This will help determine the best capacity.

Obviously the Logic Pro files will need to stay on the Mac however it is probably cheeper to have a Small Flash Storage and store any file that does not need to be on the actually Macintosh Drive, stored on a large external Hard Drive with files such as Office files.

Obviously the Logic Pro files will be anywhere from 10mb -up and therefore this will be needed to be taken into consideration when purchasing the Flash.

Just for your sake: 14 tracks of audio, 10 of which are drums and a song that is about 5 minutes long, could be at least 25mb in file capacity.

Remember once you have bought the device you cannot make the capacity bigger and thereofre it is better to have more than not enough however do not waste your money if you do not need it.

Suggestion for a new macbookair flash storage capacity for dual OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.