Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why I can't download QT 7 Pro

I paid for Quicktime Pro 7 but cant figure out how to download it. Why is this so hard? Quicktime is not in my System preferences in the apple menue.

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 9:17 PM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2014 4:28 AM in response to KevinCorr

I paid for Quicktime Pro 7 but cant figure out how to download it. Why is this so hard?

Because it is impossible to download something that does not exist. What you purchased is a key that unlocks the "Pro" features that are already built into the free QT 7 Player app. If you do not already have the free QT 7 player app installed in the Utilities folder of your system AND you are using Mac OS X v10.6 or later, then download and install the "special" QT 7 player version made to run under Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, and/or Mavericks HERE.

Quicktime is not in my System preferences in the apple menue.

You appear to be following the old instructions. With the release of QT X under Snow Leopard and the ability to install both QT X and QT 7 player apps, the QT 7 aux preferences entry via the "System Preferences" window was removed in favor of a return to the older, direct entry to the preferences window via the QT 7 player app itself. For current QT 7 installation instructions start HERE. For current QT 7 Pro registration instructions start HERE.

User uploaded file

why I can't download QT 7 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.