Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Y is my ipod 5g wont charge

I wanna know y i cant charge my sons ipod 5g even when i plug it in the lightening wont even show on there! Pls help me?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1, It wont charge even if i plug it in

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 9:46 PM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2014 7:30 AM in response to Terri3190

Hey Terri3190,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are having issues charging your iPod touch. The following resource may provide a solution:

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1476

Resolving issues

If your battery doesn't charge, or if your device shows a low-battery image, black screen, or "accessory not supported" alert, follow these steps.

1. Inspect the connector at the bottom of the phone:

- Make sure that there are no bent pins in the connector.

- Make sure that the connector is free from debris.

- If there are bent pins or debris, please contact Apple Support.

- Otherwise, continue troubleshooting.

2. Make sure that the outlet you're using works.

3. Make sure that the Apple USB cable and Apple USB power adapter work.

4. Plug the device in to power and let it charge for up to 30 minutes. If you don't have an Apple USB power adapter, try connecting to a computer's high-power USB 2.0 port (not a keyboard). The computer must be on.

5. If the device still exhibits an issue, try turning your device off and then on againwhile connected to power.

6. If the issue is persists, please contact Apple Support.

If your issue persists, please follow step 6 to contact Apple Support for service and support options.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Y is my ipod 5g wont charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.