Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my contacts under the group Professional?

My contacts have always been disappearing whenever I'd restore my phone/iPad, and I never knew why until a few days ago. It turns out that ever since I've been making contacts from who knows how long ago- my contacts have been saved under a group called "Professional."

I don't know what that group would be other than my email that I labeled Professional. Which, I don't understand why my contacts would be saved on that account, I only use it for email and never told my contacts to save to it. Also, I can't find any way to switch it to iCloud or even my sim cars. It's really annoying because I am often switching to a different iPhone or fresh restore and it stinks having my contacts unorganized. It's a mess.

So anyway, I'm wondering how do I move the contacts from Professional to iCloud. I'd like to organize my contacts as much as possible and right now it's just the super opposite. There's Facebook causing duplicate contacts and it makes everything complicated- but that's a different story.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1, No 'obvious' solutions.

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 10:56 PM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2014 2:30 PM in response to Bobbert1yBobby

Hello Bobbert1yBobby

If the contacts are on your iPhone and they are separated out with on your iPhone and then iCloud, then all you need to do is turn off iCloud contact syncing. It will ask to delete or keep the data; you will want to keep the data. After that then turn the syncing back on and it will merge everything to iCloud for contact syncing. If you are using Exchange to sync the other contacts, then they are kept separate. Check out the second article for more info on that and resolving duplicates if there are any.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph2702

iCloud: Resolving duplicate Contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4147

Regards,

-Norm G.

Why are my contacts under the group Professional?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.