Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What gets backed up in iCloud exactly?

if I've got the same iCloud account on all my devices and have it set to back up to the iCloud, what gets saved exactly? All my photos on my camera roll on my iPhone and iPad, all my phone and iPad settings, all the apps etc. When we are given 5 GB free, what takes up that space exactly? Backups? iCloud email? Documents, Contacts Calendar events in iCloud? Photostream?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 9:16 PM

8 replies

Apr 12, 2014 10:38 PM in response to Canozzie11

When it is telling you that your iCloud storage is full, it is telling you that the amount of storage needed for your backups is not enough. You can see exactly what is being backed up for each device using the iCloud account by going to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage on any device that the iCloud account is set up on.

It will show you what devices are backing up to iCloud and if you click on a device, it will show you what is being backed up and how much storage it is taking.

Cheers,

GB

What gets backed up in iCloud exactly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.