Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony XDR-DS16iPN lightning dock not charging

I have a Sony XDR-DS16iPN dock for my iPhone 5 and since ios7 I receive the message "This accessory may not be compatible..." and it only trickle charges the phone. I place it on the dock at night and after an overnight charge it fails to fully charge. It maybe goes from 20% to 60% after 7 hours on the dock.

Before iOS7 it charged perfectly and I never received the error message but now it happens everytime I dock the phone.

Numerous emails to Apple have failed to even get a reply, let alone resolve the issue. It's not as if this dock is a cheap copy, it's a Sony so I would expect a lot more. I spoke with Sony and they advised me it was an Apple issue due to it working okay with iOS6 but Apple don't appear interested.

Anyone have any ideas, or experiencing the same issue?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 3:21 AM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2014 9:54 AM in response to Xyba25

I've just joined this forum solely to find a solution to this issue. I know that this issue can happen if you buy cheap copies of the lightening cable, but surely Sony must have been authorised to make this product otherwise I'm sure Apple would have done something by now! I have 2 of these units and I rely on them to charge my iPhone 5s. Apple you seriously need to resolve this issue ASAP. This situation is out of order!

Aug 17, 2014 6:33 AM in response to Xyba25

I have a similar thing happening. I've just returned one to Amazon because it stopped charging mg iPhone 5 completely. They replaced it and the new one has started doing the same thing. I keep getting non-compatibility messages. Having seen your post it made me think that it did probably start to happen after I upgraded to iOS7.

Sony XDR-DS16iPN lightning dock not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.