Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some programs haven't been installed

Execuse me.

When I bought my Mac mini and there were several programs installed in the OS X pre-installation.

Yesterday, during the boot, I kept pressed CMD + R, I have erased my disk and then installed all over again due few problems. But now, several programs pre-installed aren't installed anymore, such as Pages, Numbers and Keynote.

I know I can download them in App Store, but I'd just like to know if this installation through that way I did is a very "raw" installation, differently from that that comes pre-installed once you buy the computer, and not a bug or whatever! Thank you.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 8:45 AM

Your assumption is correct, by re-installing the Operating System you now have what is commonly reffered to as a "Clean Install".

You should be able to re-download and install from the App store whatever came with it when you purchased it new, plus any other apps you might have since purchased.

2 replies

Apr 13, 2014 8:52 AM in response to Gabriel M. F.

Thank you woodturner.

Yes, I had similar experiences with Windows too. When I bought the notebook the system came with a lot apps pre-installed, but when I used the DVD to re-install all over again, it was too clean.

With my OS X it wasn't different. When I bought the Mini, the Launcher had all the page full of apps, now it has one the half.

Some programs haven't been installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.