Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes music rating not showing

I like to use the star rating on my iPhone 5 to rate music.

However, when I plug the iPhone to my computer and start iTunes (Mac version 11.1.5 on Lion), the ratings are not showing in iTunes.

The whole idea for me is to be able to see these ratings in iTunes. It used to work when using my old iPod (old generation, forgot which).

I read that syncing manually might solve this but not in my setup.

So how should I do to be able to see the ratings in iTunes when the iPhone 5 is connected to my computer?

Any ideas?

Just to make things clear:

Stars set in iTunes (in the library of the iPhone) will show in the iPhone 5.

Stars set inte the iPhone 5 will not show up in iTunes.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 11:17 AM

Interestingly, while investigating this furter I discovered that the application DiskAid will show the ratings correctly. So connecting the device to the computer and opening DiskAid will make the ratings visible in an iTunes like fashion. While this is less than ideal, it solves the problem for me right now.

But if anyone knows why this is not working properly in iTunes I'd like to know. It's very strange.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2014 11:17 AM in response to torsig1967

Interestingly, while investigating this furter I discovered that the application DiskAid will show the ratings correctly. So connecting the device to the computer and opening DiskAid will make the ratings visible in an iTunes like fashion. While this is less than ideal, it solves the problem for me right now.

But if anyone knows why this is not working properly in iTunes I'd like to know. It's very strange.

itunes music rating not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.