Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choppy video playback on iPod touch 5

Hi,

I have a 16gb ipod 5. Yesterday i was watching a youtube video and for some reason the visual was choppy playing roughly one frame every two seconds while the audio played perfectly. the video was in 360p so i put it down to 240p and it played okay but the audio was ahead of the visual. I intially thought it was due to bad internet connection but just now i tried playing a video i took with the ipod and it was also choppy.

Does anyone else have any experience with this or know of why it might be happening?

iPod touch, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 7:42 AM

Hey Oinclark, Give this a try. First double click the home button and swipe up to close apps your not currently using. Then turn your iPod off for a couple of minutes then turn back on. If still choppy, do a reset, press and hold the power and home buttons together until the Apple logo appears, about 15 seconds +\-, then release both buttons. If still not working, try going into Settings>General>Reset then tap Reset All Settings. If still choppy connect to your computer, make a backup, then Restore from backup last resort Restore to New. If still not working you may have a hardware issue, contact Apple and have your iPod evaluated. Good luck, Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2014 7:42 AM in response to oinclark

Hey Oinclark, Give this a try. First double click the home button and swipe up to close apps your not currently using. Then turn your iPod off for a couple of minutes then turn back on. If still choppy, do a reset, press and hold the power and home buttons together until the Apple logo appears, about 15 seconds +\-, then release both buttons. If still not working, try going into Settings>General>Reset then tap Reset All Settings. If still choppy connect to your computer, make a backup, then Restore from backup last resort Restore to New. If still not working you may have a hardware issue, contact Apple and have your iPod evaluated. Good luck, Cheers.

Choppy video playback on iPod touch 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.