Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to get 3G on my Ipad 3 with a 3G microsim installed as it keeps switching to Edge. My service provider says that one has to set the option 'CDMA only'. But on Ipad 3 no such setting option is available as it selects automatically.

How to setup cellular data on ipad 3 for CDMA only as otherwise it keeps switching to Edge

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 7:50 AM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2014 8:14 AM in response to tvlukose

I have a BSNL 3G microsim. But it switches to Edge even when 3G is available, When I use the same SIM on a dongle on my Notebook I can set the 'CDMA only' or 'CDMA preferred' option and I get 3G perfectly without falling back to Edge' My question is how come Apple has not provided this option in the Cellular Data settings.

I am unable to get 3G on my Ipad 3 with a 3G microsim installed as it keeps switching to Edge. My service provider says that one has to set the option 'CDMA only'. But on Ipad 3 no such setting option is available as it selects automatically.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.