Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with access to yahoo mail since latest update....

Since the recent update, I can no longer access mail from the mail icon on the ipad. To receive or send emails, I have to go thru the yahoo page. So, having internet access ins't the issue. It just gives me the message that it can't find the yahoo server. When I check the settings for mail,

Yahoo SMPT server is the outgoing mail server. I have messed with everything I can mess with! So, help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iPad, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 6:40 AM

Hello Harriet34,

It sounds like your Yahoo account is not functioning correctly in the Mail app on your iPad, but logging into the webmail works fine with your account info in Safari. I would try these 3 steps from this article about troubleshooting mail accounts on an iOS device:

iOS: Troubleshooting Mail

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3899

1. Try to use an alternate Internet connection if available:

1. Try a different Wi-Fi connection
    2. If your iOS device has an active cellular data plan, tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi.
    3. If the affected email account is provided by your Internet provider, see if your issue is resolved while connected to your home Wi-Fi network.*
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Delete the affected email account from your device.
    • Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    • Choose the affected email account, then tap Delete Account.
    • Add your account again.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2014 6:40 AM in response to harriet34

Hello Harriet34,

It sounds like your Yahoo account is not functioning correctly in the Mail app on your iPad, but logging into the webmail works fine with your account info in Safari. I would try these 3 steps from this article about troubleshooting mail accounts on an iOS device:

iOS: Troubleshooting Mail

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3899

1. Try to use an alternate Internet connection if available:

1. Try a different Wi-Fi connection
    2. If your iOS device has an active cellular data plan, tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi.
    3. If the affected email account is provided by your Internet provider, see if your issue is resolved while connected to your home Wi-Fi network.*
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Delete the affected email account from your device.
    • Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    • Choose the affected email account, then tap Delete Account.
    • Add your account again.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Issues with access to yahoo mail since latest update....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.