Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

images covering footers in my pages document (iWork 5.2)

Problem:

images (move with text, automatic) are covering the footers in my document (I have iWork 5.2, this didn't happen in the previous 4.xx version)

Replication:

Set up footers with right aligned text (page numbers/etc) in a document. Add 2 pages worth of text. at the end of the first page add any image (move with text, automatic) along the right side of the page. add a couple of lines of text above where the image is anchored in document. watch as the image covers the footer area.

Attempted Solutions:

I have tried "send to back" without success. (even this had it worked, is not ideal)

Expected Behavior:

Images should never overlap and cover up footer text. it should probably jump to the next page when it encroaches the footer area (how it worked in 4.xx version).

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 9:54 AM

Tell Apple http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

Move up the image a line or two.

Pages 5 is stripped of about 100 features, just a few are added back. I would use Pages 09 instead of Pages 5. You should still have it in Applications/iWork 09 folder.

3 replies

Apr 13, 2014 10:12 AM in response to fruhulda

I am currently using iWork '09 but I would like to someday be able to use the most recent software and still do what I can with the previous versions. I just thought i'd help bring light on this issues as it's important to my case and i'm sure many others. I decided to post here because i know iWork developers monitor these forums.

Addendum: I submitted a "bug report" feedback on the feedback website you listed. Also i have a 200 page document with more than 200 images. Manually moving them up 1-2 lines wouldn't resolve my issue as there are so many and i am constatly adding/removing text/images from various parts of the document.

images covering footers in my pages document (iWork 5.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.